set goals were 22% more likely to achieve their resolutions, and women who had support from friends were 10% more likely to achieve theirs.
Here’s my proposition for 2015: Set New Year’s Goals accompanied with Accountability Partners.
Goals are S.M.A.R.T.: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-targeted. Setting goals allows visual proof of progress. When specific expectations are set for yourself, you’re able to accomplish your task more effectively. Completing each goal equates to success which yields motivation for you to keep going!
Examples: (Goals vs. Resolutions)Example 1:Goal: Lose a pound a week.
Resolution: Lose weight.
Goal: Put aside $50 from every paycheck into a separate bank account.
Resolution: Have a lot of money in my savings account.
Goal: Get Pre-qualified with Noble Mortgage
Resolution: Flip a house with hard money
Sharing your goals with someone (someone who genuinely cares about your success/doesn’t just focus on failures) creates another form of motivation.
The term “accountability partner” was coined in the 1960s for weight loss programs. Those who were successful in losing weight had an accountability partner: a work out buddy, a spouse, a friend, or even a trainer.
Last Year’s Resolutions:
- Lose Weight
- Get Organized
- Spend Less, Save More
- Enjoy Life to the Fullest
- Staying Fit & Healthy
- Learn Something Exciting
- Quit Smoking
- Help Others in Their Dreams
- Fall in Love
- Spend More Time with Family
- Invest in Real Estate
This Year’s Goals
- Track what you eat for two weeks and examine what you can take out/keep.
- Write down the things you want organized.
- Create a list of fixed expenses and variable expenses.
- Write a list of 5 things you want to do within a 3-month period.
- Take a walk down the street before getting your mail 3 times a week.
- Research/Join an education club.
- Set a quit date and change your environment.
- Make an effort to ask at least 2 people what their goals are.
- Say “Hi.” to someone that you find attractive. Every relationship began with a greeting.
- Block out a day per month in your planner for family time.
- Schedule an appointment with Noble Mortgage to get prequalified for an investor-friendly loan!
Best of luck completing your 2015 goals!
Again, if one of your goals parallels with real estate investing, please call Noble Mortgage at 713-680-8100. We’re more than happy to get you pre-qualified for investor-friendly financing!]]>